Low-tox alternative to food-grade timber oil
Ideal for wooden chopping boards and kitchen utensils
Your kitchen utensils and boards can build up with fats from food as well as fade and lose their resistance to water and scuffs.
This natural timber oil is a chemical free alternative - food grade and safe to consume.
These easy recipes take just 10 minutes to whip up, and actually WORK,
and with your choice of essential oils, smell amazing!
What you'll need:
30g coconut oil
10g flax seed oil
10 drops lemon essential oil
Here's how to make it:
1. Melt ingredients in double boiler and cool slightly.
2. Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil and mix.
3. Store in airtight jar and use as needed.
Maintain your wooden boards and utensils:
1. Soak utensils in hot water to lift fats and oils from foods.
2. use a small amount of wax on rag.
3. Rub wax all over until a thin layer fully covers the board or utensil.
4. Rub off excess with clean rag. Set aside to soak in before use.
Try it for yourself and tell us what you think!